Error messageNotice: Undefined index: confidential in _webform_allowed_roles() (line 2135 of /home/shainanpatel/public_html/sites/all/modules/webform/webform.module).
Incident Response Security Engineer (SOC Analyst Tier-II)
Location: Rockville, MD, US
Company: NeevSys Inc.
We are currently seeking an Information Security Engineer - Incident Response to join our team in Rockville, MD, USA.
Information Security Engineer - Incident Response
This role will help support and manage operational security systems, respond to security events, provide incident response, and improve processes and procedures as per the federal cybersecurity standards & guidelines by utilizing available scanning/monitoring tools, most importantly, Splunk.
- Monitoring security events, correlating information to identify incidents, issues, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct initial triage, containment, categorization, and escalation of suspicious events and incidents.
- Provide incident response activities as necessary.
- Assist in the resolution of security incidents through technical analysis and data forensics.
- Develop and maintain security and incident response plans, playbooks, procedures, and other documentation.
- Create reports on security trends, metrics, events, and incidents
- Partner with internal teams to develop and tune security monitoring in the SIEM.
- Reviews, prepares or presents executive-level key reporting around SIEM and detection
- Create operational security metrics via the most efficient method (i.e. dashboards, reports).
- Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against NIAID assets
- Proficiency with Spunk/Spunk Enterprise Security
- Splunk query-development expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Cybersecurity Analyst/SOC role
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Any relevant security certifications – Security+, GIAC, CEH, CISSP
Bachelors degree (preferred but not required with appropriate work experience)
In accordance with Executive Order 14042, a candidate for this role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or their start date, whichever is later, subject to the provisions and exceptions of EO 14042 and applicable law.